CENTRAL FLORIDA ENTERTAINMENT ADVOCACY
Central Florida Entertainment Advocacy is rooted in our area's Theatre, Arts and Entertainment Industry. We strive to build an anti-racist and more equitable artistic community in Central Florida. CFEA is intended for ALL who work in theatre, entertainment and the arts. We seek to foster a cohesive community dedicated to the work of making the industry in our region more just. We aim to work together to outline clear expectations for growth and advancement, as well as establish definitive measures for action and accountability.
To create a more equitable, diverse and inclusive arts and entertainment community in Central Florida.
- To establish and cultivate strong, cohesive alliances with and within the Black Community. Alliances resulting in greater representation, as well as the creation of more opportunities and leadership for Black Industry Professionals in the arts and entertainment in Central Florida.
- To create a community with the shared interest and goal of being racially aware, equitable, and just.
- To create a more equitable, equal, diverse and inclusive arts and entertainment industry in Central Florida
- To develop a communal system of accountability to ensure that diversity and inclusion are at the forefront of every professional arts entity in Central Florida
- To bridge the gap between white awareness and the Black experience
- To bring industry workers and leaders together in open dialogue and shared understanding
- To develop tangible action steps to build a more racially aware and just theatrical and entertainment landscape
- To clearly outline definitive expectations for allies
- To form/build stronger alliances with(in) the Black Community
- To create more opportunities for Black Industry Professionals in entertainment in Central Florida